Paul of Kids Riding Bicycles has a great new meme, and the name recalls one of my all time favorite films, The Dirty Dozen. You should follow his blog if you love film, Disney, and Spielberg! Without further ado, the questions and answers.
1. What’s your favourite Disney film and why?
The Lion King, because it’s been so close to my heart ever since I first watched it. I’m pretty sure it’s the first movie I learned to recite verbatim. It started my obsession with lions. Simba and I even have similar names! I love it because it’s such an epic film with moments of tranquility.
2. What was the first Disney film you ever saw?
Aladdin, when I was two.
3. If you could ask Walt one question, what would it be?
WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE? Just kidding. Hmm…I guess I would ask him about what else he envisioned before his death.
4. You’re asked to create an attraction at Disneyland based on a Disney movie. What do you create?
Pixar is technically Disney even though I like to keep them separate. But I would design a roller coaster based on Riley’s mind. Each of the islands would be there, along with Dream Productions, Imagination Land, and Long Term Memory. I’d design the ride with the Train of Thought as a transporter or Bing Bong’s rocket/wagon. For strictly Disney, I’d choose something along the lines of Haunted Mansion for The Black Cauldron.
5. What fairy tale that Disney haven’t yet adapted would you like to see them make?
Twelve Dancing Princesses! Or also ideally, a non Western/European fairy tale. They could adapt the Anansi story from Africa.
6. Gaston is excellent at most everything. But what are you better than Gaston at?
Screaming about Pixar.
7. What’s your favourite Disney song?
“Mine Mine Mine” because I too would like to acquire vast amounts of wealth with no effort at all. I have plenty of favorite songs and I don’t know how I could only choose one!
8. What’s your least favourite Disney film?
Robin Hood. But I do love the characters and Chanticleer’s song.
9. You can live in any Disney film. Which one do you pick?
Tangled, because I get to hang out with Rapunzel.
10. You’re the eighth member of the Dwarfs. What name do you go by?
11. Disney makes a new Fantasia. Which musical pieces would you like to see them include?
Suite for Solo Cello No. 1 in G Major, by Bach.
12. You can invite five Disney characters to a dinner party. Who do you choose and why?
- Genie, because I miss Robin Williams and he’s my favorite sidekick and character from Aladdin.
- Audrey Ramirez because she’s so feisty and would be lots of fun at a dinner party.
- Tiana, so she could get a break from cooking and actually enjoy a meal with friends.
- Goofy because I love him to pieces.
- Aurora because I love her and she doesn’t seem to get a lot of that.